All football players need to have a strong core. A strong core is important because it will significantly decrease the likelihood of injury and it will make you a fitter, stronger player. Run faster, kick harder, be strong on the ball and stay healthy with the core training exercises for football players in the video below.
The TRX for football video includes the following exercises:
1. TRX Hamstring Runner – This exercise works the important posterior chain muscle group (think hamstrings, glutes, lower and upper back). These muscles are crucial to avoiding injury and in developing great running speed that all footballers need.
2. TRX Mountain Climber - Helps build stability in the legs while also challenging the core significantly.
3. TRX Lunge – Leg strength and knee stability is essential for football players. Build single-leg strength and stability with the TRX Lunge.
4. TRX Burpee – Add some cardiovascular conditioning the TRX Lunge by performing the TRX Burpee.
5. TRX Mountain Climber with football – Add some sport-specificity to the TRX Mountain Climber by incorporating a football. This is a challenging core exercises.
6. TRX Assisted Footwork Drills – Improve your foot speed while engaging the core with this core exercise. Add a football to this exercise to make it even more sport specific.
The TRX Suspension Trainer is available in the UK from Amazon UK.