Jay Dicharry is a physiotherapist at Rebound Physical Therapy in Bend, Oregon.
He is a certified coach through both the United States Track and Field Association and the United States Cycling Federation, and a certified Golf Fitness Instructor through the Titleist Performance Institute.
Jay built his international reputation as an expert in biomechanical analysis as Director of the SPEED Clinic at the University of Virginia.
In this interview, Jay and I discuss:
- Jay’s book “Anatomy for Runners”.
- The biggest “problem areas” for runners with regards to injuries.
- Some of the most common running myths including stretching and cadence.
- The current state of barefoot / minimalist running.
- Where the running shoe industry headed.
- Appropriate shoes for children.
- Training tips for marathon runners.
Listen on Stitcher Radio (click here to download the Stitcher app)
Lastly, I thought I would post an interesting video with Jay where he talks about what runners must consider before running in a more minimalist shoe.
Are You Ready to go Minimal?
Beginner runner or just getting back into it?
Get my FREE 7-lesson email course to help you get started, lose weight and discover the enjoyment of running.
Join 2,500+ other runners.