Paul Jarvis is a website designer, yogi, minimalist and touring musician. Paul and his wife live in my hometown of Victoria, British Columbia.
He believes veganism is love – and anyone who tells you otherwise can be kicked in the junk! Paul is also the author of Eat Awesome – A regular person’s guide to plant-based, whole foods.
Paul’s email list is the best way to stay in touch and find out about recipes, plant-based eating tips and a bunch of other stuff – sign up here.
In this podcast, we talk about:
- How and why Paul became a vegan.
- The positive health changes Paul has noticed since eating a plant-based diet.
- Challenges being a vegan including cravings, meal planning, shopping and more.
- How the idea to write “Eat Awesome” came about.
- Getting enough protein, calcium and vitamin B12 eating a plant-based diet.
- How to make your own almond milk and save money during the process.
- Paul’s must-have kitchen tools.
- Plant-powered elite athletes like Rich Roll and Brendan Brazier.
- His favourite resources for recipes and finding vegan-friendly restaurants.
- Advice for others looking to adopt a more plant-based diet.
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
- Eat Awesome – Paul’s book
- Vitamix Blender – Paul’s blender of choice
- Brendan Brazier – former professional Ironman triathlete, author of Thrive Foods: 200 Plant-Based Recipes for Peak Health
- Real Raw Food – where Paul buys his nuts!
- Yelp – makes it easy to find vegan / vegetarian restaurants
- Rich Roll – plant-powered ultra endurance athlete, author of Finding Ultra
- My New Roots – The Life Changing Loaf of Bread
If you enjoyed this episode with Paul Jarvis or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.
Thanks for listening!