Sol Orwell is the founder of Examine.com. I met Sol for a coffee a couple of months ago and was blown away by his passion and knowledge of health and nutrition.
Examine is an independent organization that presents un-biased research on supplements and nutrition. They currently have over 20,000 references to scientific papers and have quickly become my go-to resource for all things supplement related.
Sol and the rest of the team at Examine recently released The Supplement-Goals Reference Guide (see the giveaway details below).
There are so many supplements being pushed by companies and in the media. This guide can save people a lot of money because it tells you exactly what supplements are useless and what supplements have been proven to work on humans. Not mice.
The guide is automatically updated with their database on a daily basis so the guide never goes out of date. Love that idea.
In this podcast we talk about:
- How the supplement industry is flawed and how Examine hopes to help people make good nutritional decisions.
- The most widely used supplements that are a waste of money.
- The supplements that Sol and I take.
- How to use Reddit to learn more about health and fitness.
- Sol’s number one supplement recommendation (kind of a trick question, but you’ll need to listen to find out).
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
You can also listen to the podcast on Stitcher Radio or by clicking here to listen now.
The Supplement-Goals Reference Guide Giveaway!
Here’s the deal.
Sol has agreed to giveaway away 2 copies of The Supplement Goals Reference Guide. I have the guide and totally agree with how the guide is described on the Examine website.
“The cheat sheet to better health, a better body, and a better life.”
How to Enter
Entering is easy. Simply leave a comment below for one entry. Write anything.
For two entries, ask a question related to supplements that you’ve always wondered about.
Leave your comment by September 27, 2013 to be eligible.
I will pick two entrants at random to win a copy of The Supplement-Goals Reference Guide.
Items mentioned in this post:
- Reddit Fitness – Reddit is the world’s largest forum
- Examine.com – Independent Analysis Supplements and Nutrition
If you enjoyed this episode with Sol Orwell or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.