Welcome to the fourth interview in the “Get Started Running Series”.
Today I chat with Steve Boyd.
Steve is the founder and coach of the Physi-Kult running group in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Steve is an accomplished runner at many distances. Many of his best times came after the age of 30.
I think you will get a lot out of my chat with Steve. He brings running experience both from the competitive athlete side and the coaching side that not many have.
If you want to subscribe to my free email series, that will take you from the couch to running regularly (pain free) click here.
The email lessons go step-by-step, from preparing your body for running to a sample plan to get you started. Sign up here.
To go back to take a look at the previous three lessons, here is a list of what I have covered:
- Lesson 1 – Choosing running shoes and prepping your body.
- Lesson 2 – Pain management and strength training.
- Lesson 3 – Building the habit of running.
In this podcast, you will learn about:
- What a program for a new runners looks like.
- How Steve screens the runners he works with before setting up their running program.
- Whether alternating walking with running is a good place to start for new runners.
- What matters more, time or distance.
- What the most common mistake that runners make are.
- Advanced training strategies that new runners can benefit form as well.
- Are generic running programs taking from the internet good for beginners?
- Why beginners should included strength training in their program.
- Which strength exercises are the best for runners.
- Specific considerations for aging runners.
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
Physi-KULT Running – Steve’s coaching website and blog
List (with links) of exercises Steve recommends for runners:
Listen on iTunes or Stitcher radio
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
You can also listen to the podcast on Stitcher Radio.
If you enjoyed this episode with Steve Boyd or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.
Question? Leave a comment below!
Beginner runner or just getting back into it?
Get my FREE 7-lesson email course to help you get started, lose weight and discover the enjoyment of running.
Hi there. Welcome back!
Did you know that I run a 30-Day None to Run Challenge every few months?