Be sure to sign up if you want to join my FREE 5-part email course to help you get started and discover the enjoyment of running. Click here to sign up.
In lesson one I chat with Jay Dicharry, Director of the REP Biomechanics Lab in Bend, Oregon.
Originally from New Orleans LA, Jay completed the Masters of Physical Therapy degree at Louisiana State University Medical Center and is a Board- Certified Sports Clinical Specialist. Jay built his international reputation as an expert in biomechanical analysis as Director of the SPEED Clinic at the University of Virginia.
Jay is the author of “Anatomy for Runners”, writes columns for numerous magazines, and has published over a dozen professional journal articles. Jay is also a certified coach through the United States Track and Field Association.
I have a huge respect for Jay Dicharry and would recommend his book, “Anatomy for Runners” to both beginner and experienced runners. To check out my previous interview with Jay, click here.
In this podcast you will learn:
- What to look for when buying running shoes.
- How to prepare your body to start a regular running routine.
- 3 simple test to help you determine if your body is ready to run.
- Strategies to stay motivated with your running.
- Considerations for running when overweight.
- And much more.
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Are You Ready To Go Minimal (video) – Jay walks you through the 3 tests he recommends new runners be able to perform prior to starting a running program.
- An Athlete’s Body – Jay’s website
- Anatomy for Runners – Jay’s book
Remember, to follow along with this “Get Started Running” series, click here to register.
Listen on iTunes or Stitcher radio
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
You can also listen to the podcast on Stitcher Radio.
If you enjoyed this episode with Jay Dicharry or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.