In this podcast episode, I chat with running coach and the founder of Strength Running, Jason Fitzgerald.
Not only is Jason a 2:39 marathon runner and USATF-certified running coach – he recently coached me to a PR in the half marathon.
I hope you enjoy our chat and if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.
In this podcast we talk about:
- Why mainstream media advice is off the mark with most of its running injury advice.
- The most common mistakes when it comes to injury prevention.
- The #1 thing a runner can do to stay healthy and keep running.
- Why injury prevention should be an integral part of your training program.
- Jason’s favourite exercises when it comes to injury prevention.
- How to tell the difference between “good” pain and “bad” pain (and when to back-off your training).
- Running shoes – how running shoes fit into the injury prevention equation for runners.
- Jason’s Injury Prevention for Runners program.
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
You can also listen to the podcast on Stitcher Radio or by clicking here to listen now.
Items mentioned in this post:
Injury Prevention for Runners Program – Jason’s coaching program to help you stay injury-free and run more consistently.
Strength Running – Jason’s site.
The Tomahawk Medicine Ball Workout – Jason’s medicine ball workout for runners.
Run Faster From the 5K to the Marathon: How to be Your Own Best Coach – Jason’s favorite running book.
If you enjoyed this episode with Jason Fitzgerald or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.