Matt Fitzgerald is an author, certified sports nutritionist, runner and triathlete. He’s written for many publications including Bicycling, Maxim, Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Men’s Journal, Outside, Shape, Stuff, and Women’s Health.
I have a huge respect for Matt Fitzgerald. I’ve read four of his books (he’s written over 20!) and have modeled much of my approach to running and fueling for running from his advice. To check out my previous interview with Matt, click here.
His book, The New Rules of Marathon and Half-Marathon Nutrition, provided much of the framework for my running app.
In this podcast episode, Matt and I discuss his latest book entitled “Diet Cults – The Surprising Fallacy at the Core of Nutrition Fads and a Guide to Healthy Eating for the Rest of Us”.
I am giving away two copies of Matt’s book. Keep reading to see how you can win a copy.
I hope you enjoy our chat and if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Exactly what is a diet cult.
- Matt’s biggest surprises from writing and researching the book.
- Why diet cults (paleo, atkins, vegan, etc.) are good (for some people).
- Why the line of thinking and approach to the paelo diet may be flawed.
- Despite recent media propaganda, the truth on exercises as it fits into the weight-loss equation.
- Why carbs should be the “premium fuel” choice for runners.
- Matt’s thoughts on Dr. Timothy Noakes’ recent drastic change in approach regarding diet recommendations.
- Matt’s recommendations for healthy eating.
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
- @mattfitwriter – Follow Matt on Twitter
- www.mattfitzgerald.org – Matt’s website
- Diet Cults – The Surprising Fallacy at the Core of Nutrition Fads and a Guide to Healthy Eating for the Rest of Us – Matt’s latest book
Here’s the deal.
I am giving away two copies of Matt’s new book, Diet Cults.
To enter, simply leave a comment, or better yet, leave a question for Matt in the comments section below.
I will pick two winners by random draw.
To be eligible for the draw, you must leave your comment by July 11, 2014.
Listen on iTunes or Stitcher radio
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
You can also listen to the podcast on Stitcher Radio.
If you enjoyed this episode with Matt Fitzgerald or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.
Beginner runner or just getting back into it?
Get my FREE 7-lesson email course to help you get started, lose weight and discover the enjoyment of running.
Hi there. Welcome back!
Did you know that I run a 30-Day None to Run Challenge every few months?