Nutrition plays a vital role in helping beginner runners enhance their endurance, recovery and running performance.
I admit that I am not a nutrition expert and nor am I perfect from my own nutritional standpoint. I try!
To help you understand how nailing your nutrition can make you a better runner, I invited Jennifer Sygo onto the podcast to chat.
Jennifer is a registered dietitian and sports nutritionist with Cleveland Clinic Canada. She is the team dietitian for the Toronto Maple Leafs and also provides advice to the Toronto Raptors.
In 2014, Jennifer released her book, “Unmasking Superfoods: the Truth and Hype about Acai, Quinoa, Chia, Blueberries, and More“.
I hope you enjoy our chat and if you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Some topics we chat about include:
- Surprising nutrition habits of professional athletes.
- How a nutritionist fuels two little boys a breakfast and their morning routine.
- Time savings tips for families with busy schedules.
- Tips for new runners looking to lose weight.
- Nutritional timing – is it important?
- Hot trends in nutrition and whether there is any merit to them.
- Is it possible to run and rely only on fat for fuel?
- Simple steps you can take today to eat better and help become a better runner.
- And much more!
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
Nutrigenomix – perform comprehensive genetic test including a test to determine how sensitive you are to caffeine.
B2Ten – Comprised of some of Canada’s leading business people, a unique group of Canada’s top sport performance professionals and dedicated volunteers, all whom have come together with a common purpose: Enable Canadian Olympian’s to achieve their full potential.
Slim by Design: Mindless Eating Solutions for Everyday Life – by William Morrow
Listen on iTunes or Overcast
You can listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
You can also listen to the podcast on Overcast.
If you enjoyed this episode with Jennifer Sygo or any other Healthynomics Podcast episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Reviews go a long way in helping the podcast reach more listeners.
Question? Leave a comment below!
Other articles / podcast episodes on nutrition for runners:
- Nutrition for Runners (Lose Weight and Run Faster Without Dieting)
- Running To Lose Weight: Everything You Need to Know
- Running for Weight Loss: Strategies To Help You Lose Weight and Keep It Off
Beginner runner or just getting back into it?
Get my FREE 7-lesson email course to help you get started, lose weight and discover the enjoyment of running.
Hi there. Welcome back!
Did you know that I run a 30-Day None to Run Challenge every few months?